Saturday, January 7, 2012

Late but great !!!!!

So lately I've been a little under the weather and didn't have a chance to post this little creation of mine but nonetheless here it goes.

When I think of American designers what comes to mine is Ralph Lauren, Calvin Klein and Marc Jacobs. One of these designers is not only the Creative Director of their own brand but also the Creative Director of one of the biggest brands in the World!! Yup you guess it my little grasshoppers, Marc Jacobs.

Being the creative director of Louis Vuitton since 1997, in my opinion he revived the brand as a whole. Never would we have seen LV bags EVERYWHERE but these little treasures aren't cheap either.

In 2010, he was named by Time Magazine as one of the top 100 most influential people in the world.
Whether you see the LV bags only on tv or in the magazines, Marc Jacobs makes a more affordable collection called Marc by Marc Jacobs and his brand Marc Jacobs. He has saturated the market so much that he also makes electronic accessories such as laptop cases, iPhone and iPad cases (thank you Steve Jobs ). For about 50 bucks or so your phone can be tricked out in a designer case.

His most recent collection for Marc Jacobs Spring 2012, was stolen in transit from Paris to London on a press day. Always causing a stir in the fashion scene, his show in NYC fashion week was no exception. The theatrics and the material of the clothes took the audience by surprise. Not uncommon to make their runways shows into an actual theater production, John Galliano for Dior is known for this and now Marc Jacobs is jumping on the bandwagon.

The reviews on Spring 2012 for MJ weren't all that great. Most actual human beings loved it but the critics did not.I'm actually on the fence about this one. Personally I love the innovation and the concept but the clothes not so much. Not something I'd wear out to dinner and a movie. If I were a celebrity I'd definitely rock it. My faves were the shoes. The yellow pumps shown below are amazing. The hair and the "do rag" look make these outfits. I call this retro glam. Give me red lip and a cat eye and it's love at first sight. Lol well That's my fashion lesson of the day. I'll have my 'Celeb Profile of the Week' first thing Monday Am.... Peace Out and have a great weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment